Monday, November 3, 2008

limericks from the devil

Despite being fully finished with my demonic thesis, I still find myself drawn to the subject. Or at least, seeing connections with my thesis or making comments that still bring a slightly darker tone to the discussion. So imagine my joy when I found this delightful little website: a dictionary of limericks!!! Talk about exciting!!! And there were numerous ones on demons, devils, and various other preternatural creatures. Here's a sampling:

Said Satan: "Right here, sign in blood.
And in no time, you'll soon be a stud."
So I gave my autography,
But damn! My cacography*
Made me, instead, Elmer Fudd.
*Cacography (kuh-KAH-gruh-fee) — Bad handwriting.

Waging war against Satan aggressively,
There's no way to do it excessively.
The effort that's spent
Can't be 50 percent.
You will not beat him manic-depressively.

Azazel was evil, my child!
This demon lived out in the wild;
The Hebrews would send
Him a scapegoat, and blend
Of scapecheeses, both Tasty and Mild.

Ademonists don't believe much
In devils and demons and such.
If you say you're the type
To buy satanist hype,
They may think that you're quite out of touch.

No comments:

Labels