Monday, July 18, 2011

even more birthdays

My mom decided that this year might be a nice one to throw a joint birthday party for my grandma and my aunt Ester (who actually isn't my aunt...she's my mom's cousin, but really, it's easier to refer to her as Auntie). So she prepared a bunch of food, invited all the relatives, managed to keep it as a surprise for Grandma, and ta-da! We had a party! It was actually a lot of fun. I probably have bought into the whole "beware of the family reunion" idea to a certain extent, so I came with a slight bit of trepidation, but overall, it went over extremely well. The food was delicious, the company was fun, the kids were adorable. The only downside was that some people were unable to attend. But never fear -- the afternoon was such a big hit that the relatives want to go for Round 2...so who knows? Maybe there's another party in my future... :)

The birthday girl herself (also known as "The one who was actually surprised by this event").


Her sister (mother of the other birthday girl).


The other birthday girl (also known as "The one who hides behind trees all sneaky-like").


Cousin Alex with nephews Logan and Malachi.


Destiny...always a big smile!



The kids ran around our very wet yard and found lots of little mushrooms. Needless to say, the mushrooms provided a lot of amusement.


Cleo, just posing.


Dear ol' Uncle Greg, manning the burger station.

Kailyn showing off her hula-hooping skills.

No comments:

Labels