Saturday, July 2, 2011

what a day to be canadian

Linda and I went to the parade yesterday. Overall, I'd give it 2.5 maple leaves out of 5...in other words, not that interesting. I can only remain mildly amused by people waving to us in trucks for only so long. Then it gets boring. And slightly insulting. I mean, really...did I come all this way to be pelted by candy, thrown by teenagers wearing facepaint and colourful clown wigs? NO.

Although, to be fair, "all this way" isn't really that far. Less than five minutes by car. And this is the Grande Prairie Canada Day parade, not Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, so I guess I can live with trailers covered in balloons and featuring old people in lawn chairs, waving to us like people who have been waving at people for hours. Which they probably had.

But on the bright side (quite literally), I got to try out my new 50mm lens. Being a fixed lens, I must employ a more natural "zoom" if I want to get closeups, but that's okay.

Happy Dominion Day, ya'll.




No comments:

Labels