Monday, January 5, 2009

when you ride alone, you ride with hitler!

Propaganda is a fascinating thing. I recently came across a website with old WW2 posters, encouraging people to support the war effort, and it's somewhat amusing (and just a little disturbing) to see how blatant the message was. I found a few of my favorites to share. It struck me how much we have been affected by these messages, specifically the ones involving the role of women in the war effort. The caricatures of Japanese and German bad guys are also interesting, as the posters turned them into monstrous Christ-killing monkeys, while the West was firmly "on God's side."










2 comments:

Unknown said...

The last one is definitely my favorite.

Unknown said...

Where does the German plane/Axis Spearing Christ come from? I cannot find this painting anywhere else.

Labels